Marriage Guidelines in Cebu City
The sacrament of marriage is a sacred act which has to be respected with utmost reverence. In line with the marriage guidelines implemented by the Archdiocese of Cebu, the Cebu Metropolitan Cathedral has these provisions to be strictly followed:
I. Requirements Before Marriage
a. Reservation by the contracting party is made personally at the parish office at least
two months before the wedding.
b. Canonical interview of the contracting parties by the priest of CMC is made one month before the wedding, with baptismal Certificate, Confirmation Certificate,
Government Marriage License [or Marriage Contract already civilly married] shown to the priest.
c. Certificate of Attendance of one whole day Pre-Cana Seminar conducted in CMC or other parishes is to be presented.
d. Publication of Marriage bans is made in the parishes of the bride and groom.
e. A written permission from the Archdiocesan Chancellor is required for mixed-marriage [Catholic with non-Catholic], or if one is a non-Filipino citizen, and for those who cannot have the marriage banns published for serious reasons.
II. Important Information
1. Time for the ceremony should be limited to one hour and thirty minutes from the processional to the end of picture taking to allow for another
scheduled wedding or mass to follow. in case the wedding cannot start on time, such actions are to be implemented:
a. 15 minutes late – no more homily.
b. 20 minutes late – no more homily, no more singing of offertory, Sanctus and Our Father.
c. 25 minutes late – no more processional, homily, no more singing of offertory, Sanctus and Our Father.
d. 30 minutes late – no more processional and picture taking, only mass and wedding rite.
2. Children who have taken first communion can only be ring bearers and flower girls.
3. Only installed lectors are allowed to read the readings and prayers of the faithful and installed psalmist are allowed to sing the psalm.
4. Commentators and commentaries are prohibited during the mass.
5. There is no unity candle or bible blessing or any other extraneous rites to be added.
6. Cords made either of fibers of synthetic materials are to be used. Cords made of coins and rosaries are prohibited. Coins should be loosed and placed in a pouch no in cagers.
7. There should be no offertory procession.
8. Two candles are lit during the singing of Sanctus, followed by laying of veil and cord.
9. The veil and cord are to be removed during the singing of Lamb of God.
10. Only sacred music is allowed to be sung during the wedding. Secular and popular music are not allowed during the liturgy and within the church building. No music during the marriage rite.
11. Protographers and videographers are not allowed in the sanctuary. Video cameras should be stationary. They should be properly dressed in polo or polo barong and wearing of t-shirts, shorts and slippers are not allowed.
12. The couple and the whole of the entourage are strictly asked to dress modestly befitting the sacredness of the Sacrament and the church. The bride’s gown and that of the entourage should be designed as to cover especially the shoulders and the back. Dress should be below the knees and should have no slits.
13. No misallettes are to be used during the liturgy.
14. Pew candles are not allowed.
15. No arcs and canopies are allowed in the sanctuary or entrance of the church.
16. The use of rice, bird seeds, confetti, flowers and petals are forbidden in the church.
17. Releasing of Doves, balloons, butterflies and bubbles during or after the ceremony inside or outside the church are not allowed.
18. If other priest is Invited to officiate at the wedding, his name, address and the number of the Certificated of Authority to Solemnize Marriage must be submitted to the parish office no later than one week before the wedding. The priest’s stipend is given to him by the contracting party.
19. At least one pair of sponsors is required who must be practiing Catholics.
20. WEDDING SERVICES: P10000 for parishioners and P15 for non-parishioners during weekends. P8000 for parishioners and P10000 for non-parishioners on weekdays. Down payment of P5000 is required upon reservation. Deposit is non-refundable or non-transferable. A penalty of P1000 will be charged for a change of wedding schedule. Final payment must be paid seven days before the schedules wedding date together with the submission of all the requirements and complete list of sponsors.
21. Marriage certificate must be checked by the couple before the wedding date. A Copy of Marriage Certificate will be available one week after the wedding.
Anyway, marriage in Naval Base Rafael Ramos (NBRR) in Lapu-Lapu isn’t so strict unlike the ones in Cebu City. They even allow love songs during the ceremony plus the location is quite and peaceful making the wedding solemn and great. And its cheaper!
Powered by Facebook Comments